We want to hear from you at each stage, so see our community participation pages on events so far and how to get involved.
This is a major project that will go through a number of stages. We have completed the first stage to successfully develop a early scheme and financial model. This stage is set out below and has included working with residents, centre users and other stakeholders to:
- Appointed our professional team including Mole Architects (insert as hyper link https://www.molearchitects.co.uk/), Igloo Regeneration Development Managers (http://www.iglooregeneration.co.uk/), Measur Surveyors (https://www.measur.com/home.html), DLP Planning (https://www.dlpconsultants.co.uk/ )
- Got support from Community-led Housing London (https://www.communityledhousing.london/) to develop the project
- Appointed a client lead – Dan Hill – to work with our staff and board
- Started working with other partners to establish the project, including the Greater London Authority who are the Hall’s freeholders (https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/housing-and-land)
- Completed a Community and Housing Needs Survey
- Held our first public meeting
- Held our first Advisory Group meeting
- Held our second Advisory Group meeting looking at early approaches and options for the site
- Held our ‘Footprint workshop’ looking at project aims and sustainability
- Held our third Advisory Group meeting looking at early approaches and options for the site
- Held an options workshop with our board members
- Had meetings with Britannia Village General Management Company Board, Greater London Authority and other stakeholders
- Agreed with our board to submit a preferred approach to Newham Council for discussion
The next stage will include deciding how we are going to deliver the project, and submitting a planning application. In order to start that stage, we are working on:
- Ongoing participation and the setting up of the local groups to work with us.
- Securing the agreements that we need from other parties to the lease on the Hall
- Securing funding to help to develop the designs further
- Looking at delivery options.
We are currently anticipating the submission of a planning application in 2022. If planning permission is granted and following the appointment of a contractor, a start on site could be made in 2023. We currently anticipate the construction programme to be 18 to 24 months. Like any major project, this timeline is uncertain and could change.